Ada’s Journey Continues
Ada continues her journey across the Atlantic, and is currently about 800km from the coast of Spain/Portugal!
She has reached many important milestones throughout her journey:
- Travelled more than 4000km
- Exceeded a speed over ground of 12.41 knots
- Recovered after storm-induced power loss
- Withstood 50+ knot winds
- Survived for over a month with core systems intact on the open ocean
We continue to actively work to recover her, and have been generously sponsored by Marine Traffic to provide us with up-to-date AIS data, which we are using to get in touch with shipping lines and vessels. Despite making contact with a couple of liners, we have still had no success in spotting Ada, but our efforts in this regard continue.
New for 2016 – Ada 2.0
We intend to incorporate the lessons learned from Ada, good and bad, into her design, and have made some important progress already.
- Defined high-level design requirements
- Built high-level timeline
- Identified lessons learned from Ada 1.0 in a design retrospective document
- Networked with new and existing industry mentors to plan formal design reviews
- Found a new potential challenge with smaller logistical burden – the Vic-Maui Yacht Race (http://www.vicmaui.org/)